Thursday, September 15, 2011

Indiana State Fair



August means the state fair around here. And my family goes every year to gawk at the world's largest pig and to sample the fried fare. And now that we are living back home again in Indiana...I can go! We ended up going the night before the big stage collapse, crazy. Friday was WRTV6 (Chance's station) Day at the fair so my mom and brother and Penny met up with Chance at the fair after be got done working at the fair. He got to show off Penny to all of his coworkers.




Here is Penny checking out the pride of Indiana: Reggie, the World's Largest Hog






Delicious food we tried this year:
Fresh Indiana corn...sooooo good
A Krispy Kreme Burger (uses donuts for buns)...surprisingly tasty. I love the salty/sweet combination
Fried Twinkie, just ok. Won't try this one again.
Corn Dog, state fair staple, always a good choice
Pineapple Whip, I don't know exactly what this is, but it is yummy
Some kind of cajun chicken skewer
Elephant Ear, another classic
Fried Snickers...yummo!

*Please Note* I did not order all of this for myself, I promise. Luckily my family was willing to share everything so I could sample sample sample!




















































No comments:

Post a Comment