Monday, June 27, 2011

Freedom Festival


On Saturday we went to Greenwood's Fourth of July celebration. They have a bunch of activities and music and delicious fair food and a great fireworks display. Penny was such a good sport. She was happy or sleeping during most of the evening. We met up with my mom and sister and brother.

It was Penelope's chance to wear her adorable patriotic dress (with matching hat of course) that my friend Candace's mom got for her. She didn't seem as excited as me about it...

But she got in a more festive mood by the time we got to my mom's house. This is due in large part to Chance serenading us with various patriotic songs for the entirity of our car ride.

Penny slept through most of us standing in line waiting for food. She knew she had to rest up for the fireworks later that evening.




My favorite thing about this kind of event is the food! And my family was sure to get a sampling of all kinds of things.


Chance and I dared to try a fried candy bar. We got a Snickers and a Milky Way and it was so good! Leave it to carnies to take an already fattening food and up the calories by deep frying it.


I waited waaaay too long in line for a corn dog...not worth it. And was pleasantly surprised at how delicious my chicken skewer from the oriental fare booth was. I know, it sounds like I sampled everything thing there. But the Greenwood Freedom Festival only comes around once a year, and i've missed the last several years. Plus i haven't even mentioned the elephant ear of which i also partook.
Fourth of July is my favorite holiday and I love a good fireworks show. I've been to a lot of good and a lot of bad, and Greenwood's fireworks get 2 thumbs up. It is set to music, which i love. I even started getting a little tearing eye'd as i'm sitting on the blanket, cuddling with my baby, watching the fireworks and her, listening to "Proud to Be an American" and thinking how blessed I am.

I want to get all the use I can out of this cute dress, so Penny wore it again to church the next day. It was her first day at church, and i thought it went pretty well. She slept most of the time. I kept waiting for her to make a scene with an erruption of toots, as she so often does at home, but she was kept it to herself until we got away from people.

Then today I tried to have a photoshoot with her in her tutu and her dazzle shoes, but she wasn't in the mood. We'll have to try again when she's feeling more photogenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment