Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Final Countdown

It's the final countdown (insert dramatic music here). With only 10 days left until my due date, here are the facts:
1. My baby is huge. 2 weeks ago she was measuring at 8lb 2oz.
2. My body is not ready. I am not dialated at all.
3. The temperature is quickly rising. And my feet, legs, and hands look like nude-colored marshmallows.
4. My baby is running out of space. She often finds herself comfortably atop some area that decreases the bloodflow to my arms. I am tingly all the time. (not in a good way)
5. My skin is stretched to capacity. The lower part of my belly looks like I have a flame tattoo, and it itches like crazy! (I'm sure everyone appriciates the visual.)
6. I snore like crazy. Chance cant wait (almost as much as me) for me to be normal again!
7. It is a race to see which will come first: the baby or our new house. Neither one seem anxious to come.
8. Chance and I are both totally excited and slightly terrified to be parents. It still doesn't seem real that we will soon have a baby of our own.
9. We are pro's at the hospital by now. 1st visit: Last month i was in a minor car accident. The car got beat up, but me and baby were fine. We went to the hospital to get checked out though. 2nd visit: part of the tour during our childbirth class. 3rd visit: a couple weeks ago i had a middle of the night scare. i thought something was wrong because she wasn't moving like usual. After waiting to feel her for a couple hours, i went in...all was fine. 4th visit: Yesterday after my usual weekly dr checkup, my dr was having trouble finding the heartbeat, and it was faint when she did find it. she had me go to the hospital for a bio-physical test on the baby (checks baby movement, reflexes, heartbeat, amniotic fluid, etc...) to see if she is in distress. She was fine, perfectly comfortable and cozy, just chillin. 5th visit: Hopefully it will be for the really thing...D-Day!
10. I love this baby so much and cant wait to meet her!

No comments:

Post a Comment